Friday, May 29, 2015

Need an Awesome End of the Year Student Gift? Kids LOVE These!

As the end of the school year approaches for most of us, it's always sad to see them go.  But it makes me happy to see how they've grown!  So this time of the year is bitter-sweet for me.  Would you agree?  I like to send them off with a little gift and today I have an awesome student gift to share with you!


These are very easy to make and don't really cost that much, which is nice if you have a class of 30!  These splash balls are fun in the tub; my Son loves to play with his splash balls during his bath time.  They're also fun when playing with the hose on a hot Summer day!  So I know your students will just love them.  

Here are the steps to making your own splash balls:
I got my sponges at the Dollar Store so they weren't as expensive.  Try to get the sponges that come in a variety of colors if you can.  This is make the splash balls more festive!  You'll also need some kind of string... fish line, twine, or even dental floss might work in a pinch!


Cut the sponges into strips going along the longest side of the sponge.  I cut my sponges into 4 strips per sponge.


Gather the strips into your hand.  I used 5-6 sponge strips per ball.  Don't forget to gather different colored strips!

Tie the strips in the middle; tie them very tight and in a knot.  Cut the ends of the string, as close to the knot as you can.


Fluff out the strips to make the "ball" shape.  And there you go!  You've made a splash ball!


Repeat the process with the rest of the sponges, until you have the number of balls you need.


To make them extra special, I wrapped them in plastic bags (also bought at the Dollar Store) and tied them with curling ribbon.  I attached a tag, signed with my name and it looks great!

If you'd like to make your own splash balls, you can download the tags I used here.

I'd love to hear what your favorite end of the year student gift you like to give... Are you the type of teacher that prefers to make your gifts, or save time by just purchasing something?  I tend to swing in the middle of the two!  Let me hear from you and have a wonderful day friends!

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea! My was not that creative. I tied a few unfrozen popsicles together with a cute tag that read, "Have a cool summer"!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with that? Sounds great to me! Trust me, there's some years I don't even have time to make anything either. So I feel ya Jamie! Thanks so much for commenting and visiting, Cara;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Cara! I love this idea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printfriendly