Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Fun Write! Linky Party

Ever have those moments when you know you NEED to post on your blog, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time?  Or you're having Brain Block and the ideas just aren't flowing?  Well, I have the perfect solution!  Introducing a new linky party,


Participating is easy!  I'll provide everyone with a word.  You think about the word and what it means to you off the top of your head.  Then you just write a blog post for 5 minutes only!  So the minimum to post is five minutes in length; feel free to write more if the word moves you.  But the purpose is to get a blog post up and posted in a short amount of time.

So here's this week's word:


Now that Summer Break is over for most of us in the US, school has started and a new year is just beginning.  That means having the ability to do what you want, when you want (specifically during the day time) is officially OVER.  You know what I'm referring to right?  Yes, BATHROOM BREAKS.  Bathroom breaks are a thing of the past for teachers, which the regular community just doesn't understand.  It's not like we can say, "Ok, five-year-olds, I'm going to the restroom.  Feel free to mingle around the room at your leisure.  But remember to stay quiet, in your seat, and under control."  
Yeah, RIGHT!  That'll never happen!  Even if you have a classroom of 5th Graders like me, you can't leave them for a second either.  And my bathroom is right next to my room.  Believe me, I've tried it.  And I could hear every he said/she said, don't touch me, you're stupid and I'm telling, right through the bathroom wall.  So don't think that just because the upper grade teachers have 10 and 11-year-olds that are mature (?), that we can leave them just for a second.
So my Friday Fun Write for the word BREAK, is Bathroom Break.  Don't know what one is, unless I'm leading the class for one.  As for myself, I have to hold-it until 12:30 pm or 3:50 pm.  And let's pray I don't have to REALLY use it, if you know what I mean!


See, that was easy-peasy and only took 5 minutes to write!  I hope this is something that you'll participate in and gain some exposure for your own blog.  Here is the linky button to put on your post, and please link it back to my blog at this post.
Have fun with this Friday Fun Write!


4 comments:

  1. Greetings fellow Michigan Teacher Blogger! I love this idea; it is so much like what I do with my students. I am hoping to write this post tomorrow. Stop by sometime.
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I just left your blog....how funny is that? Love to meet a fellow blogger from Michigan. Hope to get to meet you better Sarah! Cara;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Cara! This is a great idea for a link-up... but I am so in need of a BREAK tonight that I can't write a post about a BREAK. It was my first week back with kids since summer BREAK– I love my new group, I love their parents, we had a great first week, but I am pooped! My BREAK is every Friday night... no matter WHAT else is going on, Friday night is rental movies and take out. So this comment is the most I can muster about BREAK... not even five minutes worth of writing... maybe next week! See you around! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, I TOTALLY understand you girl! I'm actually watching movies tonight too after I make SURE my guy is in bed. He's snuck up about three times already, so gotta make sure;) Nice to hear from you and glad your first week was awesome friend, Cara;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printfriendly