Monday, August 11, 2014

Customized Teacher Sign

Paula Shaw...If you're reading this, turn off your computer right now!  This is not meant for your eyes and I don't want to spoil your SLANT box surprise!
Ok, now that she's gone, here's what I made her for her Slant box this month.  Slant box stands for Sending Love Across the Nation to Teachers and is put on by Lessons with Coffee each month.  It's when teachers are paired up with each other and we send gift surprises in the mail to each other.  It's really fun and I've had some awesome partner so far.  This month I had to make a box for Paula Shaw from Paula's Place.

So I'm also hooking up with 4th Grade Frolics:  Monday Made It, as I made some of Paula's gift this month.  Check this out friends...




In a nutshell, I took a blank canvas and painted it black.  I cut out glitter circles and Mod Podged them on and painted white dots around them.  I added some glitter sticker dots and glitter tape, painted on her name and added some bow holders.  It took me forever, but I'm so happy with how it turned out.  I really, really hope she likes it!

I also got her the goodies you see above and I created her two personalized Mini-Me clip art figures that resemble her!  I think she'll get good use from the things I got her; I hope she likes them.  
If you talk to Paula, don't let her know as her gift is in the mail all the way to Australia.  That's where she lives so it will take a while to get there.

Go see the other wonderful Monday Made-Its by clicking on the link below!  And have a wonderful Monday my friends,



8 comments:

  1. Oh, Cara, fun to learn about the SLANT boxes! She's gonna love it! I'm gonna have to do that sometime. And teacher signs are so important. I showed mine on my August 6 post, if you're interested. Thanks for sharing! Kathleen
    http://www.kidpeopleclassroom.com/2014/08/fruit-snack-everyday-yes-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing that Kathleen! I love your post so much; I loved reading about it! Thanks for commenting, too. Your friend, Cara;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! I love what you have made!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, thanks so, so much for the love! And your name, the Math Nerdette, just ROCKS! Love it friend, Cara;)

      Delete
  4. That sign looks great, Cara! You did a really good job!
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thanks so much for the compliment! That really means a lot to me and I really appreciate the time you took to comment. Thanks so much Sarah, Cara;)

      Delete
  5. Hey Cara I don't know what happened I haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you getting my emails? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just emailed you Lindsay! All is well, Cara;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printfriendly